- The oldest player starts, then the players play one turn after another.
- In each turn the active player must put down one card from his hand and then he must draw
Putting down a card
The player can choose between two actions:
(1) Adding a card to a column
The player can start a new column or add the card to an existing one. To do so the player
puts the card face up on his side of the game board under the corresponding expedition field. New cards can only
be added at the bottom end of a column. The added card must have a higher number than the former card at the end
of the column. The cards should be placed so that the numbers can be read by both players.
Betting cards can only be laid down at the beginning of a column. After putting down the first expedition card
(with a numeric value) in a column, no more betting cards can be added.
(2) Dropping a card
If a player can not or does not want to add a card to a column, he must drop one card face
up on the corresponding expedition fields. During the game five piles of dropped cards will be build, one for each
color. Only the card on the top of each pile should be visible.
Drawing a card
After putting down a card the player has to draw a card from either one of the five piles
on the game board (if there are already cards) or from the hidden pile. A player is not allowed to draw the same
card he just put down. Drawing the card ends the player's turn.
Game end and Results
- The game end immediately after a player draws the last card from the hidden pile. It is
allowed to fan out the hidden pile so that the players can see the end coming.
- Now the columns of both players are counted. The values of the expedition cards are added
up and then an expedition starting cost of 20 points is subtracted. There are no expedition costs for expeditions
a player has not started.
- If there are one, two or three betting cards at the beginning of a column, the result is
multiplied with 2, 3 or 4. A column can bring a positive or a negative result!
- For each column with eight or more cards (including betting cards) the player gets a bonus
of 20 points.
- The results are written down, the cards are shuffled and dealed. The player with more points
starts the next game.
- After three games the player with the highest total points is the winner.